Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I need some good advice about car buying!?

I'm looking at buying a 1985 Volkswagen Cabriolet with 180xxx miles on it for about 2300 only so high because the seller just put a bunch of money into it. Is this a bad idea?I need some good advice about car buying!?
You should take a look at it, what did the seller do? Engine, body


etc. It could be very well fixed up, engine should be rebuilt,


interior should be excellent and the conv. top should be newer.


Take it thru an automatic carwash to see if it leaks water.


Then decide what you want.I need some good advice about car buying!?
That's both good and bad. Ask yourself, ';self, did he put money into this car because he loved it and wants to make sure the new owner enjoys years of life out of this car?'; or ';self, is he tired of putting money into this old clunker and it's time to dump it on some desperate, unsuspecting pretty girl?';





Your choice.
I wouldn't do it. You could use the $2300 and get a newer car. Still not a great car, but newer anyway. I believe that Volkswagen's hold up well, but after 24 years for that much... not well enough I bet. I'd shop around and try to save up a little more if you can.
That's not the kind of car for everyday driving, it's almost a classic/collectible. You will continue to spend additional money just to keep it in running condition. I would advise something newer/lower mileage for that kind of money!
Don't buy it, sounds like a maintenance headache. 180000 is a lot of mileage on such an old car....
Yes go on eBay type vw cabrolet can buy one for under 拢1200
  • makeup ideas
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment