Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Worried about my fathers health any advice please?

my father has been in and out of the hospital since 2005


due to stomach tumors,infections,hip and spine surgery


just today he was taken to the hospital which we thought might have been pneumonia but now they say it might be much more


i am very worried and not sure what to do and how much more i can take or my mother can take either not sure whats going to happen next.has anybody been through this or any advice please?Worried about my fathers health any advice please?
Growing up I was always a daddy's girl. To me he was my super man and no one could ever break him. Now that I am an adult, all his poor habits from when I was younger is now starting to kick him BAD. In 2005 I moved from California to Iowa to start a new life for myself. As a result, I lost most contact with my family. My mother decided to leave my daddy and my daddy went down hill fast bringing my little brother down with him. My dad gave up on life and so did my baby brother. As a result, my super man aged dramatically, lost 60+ lbs within a months time, cant eat anything without throwing up, and my brother has gained so much weight that now hes about 600 lbs. I heard about what was going on and forced them to move here with me to Iowa. The medical is amazing compared to anywhere I have ever seen and they actually care. My father and brother have been here now for 1 week and 3 days. When I first hugged my daddy I thought I was going to break him because he was so weak. I am now feeling like I am a mommy to not only my 1 yr old son, but now to a 58 yr old man and a 21 yr old man. Its very straining on myself considering I dont make much money and now I have to take care of them. In a way I wouldnt have it any other way cuz they are my family and theres no one else I would trust to do this job to get my daddy healthy... I am so scared to see my daddy so sick. I can only imagine how u feel.





My advice to you is this:


Be there for your dad. Get answers from the doctors. Dont let them screw around with guessing games. If they so and you allow them too then its no ones life but his that is being messed with. Its going to be a long journey but you have to make yourself and will yourself into being strong. You know that your daddy does not mean to be sick... but by him seeing you so stressed and upset will not make him better so say the stressing for when you are alone... it wont do anyone any good. Look at him as though he is still your whole world and look past his health and see the old dad that you remember hold you and playing with you. Thats the dad he wants to be and thats the dad that he still is... its just hiding behind a mask of bad health!Worried about my fathers health any advice please?
the hospital sucks
I'm sorry to hear about your father.


I'm no doctor so I cant offer any advice unfortunately. However, I found some cancer videos which I think might help you: http://www.sutree.com/Learn.aspx?q=cance鈥?/a>





Hope he feels better
Whether he makes it through this or not, just make every day count. Express your love, do the things that he will be proud of, appreciate all that he has taught you, take care of yourself and your mother, and also, make sure that others who he has positively impacted in the past are alerted to his condition so that they have an opportunity to express their gratitude before it's too late. If he survives this, then it will still have been a great thing, because most people never hear how much they were appreciated - it's recited at the funeral - too late.
I know this is very hard for you. My mom has been sick as well. I have found that I really need to not worry until there is something to worry about. Hopefully it is something that can be taken care of right away. I will be praying for you and your father. God Bless.
Some people are more prone to illness than others and some infections really make it hard to get up and be as active as they once were... just keep trying to help and support both parents. Hope in time he is able to gain the strength to fight the illness that continue to present....
My father suffered for 10 years. You can take a lot more then you believe you can. You can pray for strength and comfort. God answers prayers. He may not answer them the way you expect but I promise if you pray with a sincere heart then he will be there for you.Your heart hurts because you seem to be helpless, but you are not. You are there for your parents and that can mean so much.


Pay attention to what the Dr's are telling you and educate yourself. Make sure you understand his condition and are knowledgeable in treatments that are available.


Stay strong and know that someone else has been through what you are going through and understands your feelings.


I made it and you can too.

No comments:

Post a Comment