Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Nervous about getting a tooth pulled, any advice?

So I'm 23 year old guy and I don't have a reason to be afraid of this, but somehow getting a tooth pulled is as scary to get as getting a finger cut off. Does anybody have any comforting words or advice?Nervous about getting a tooth pulled, any advice?
I always get freaked out when I have to have dental stuff done. It's like...nails on a chalkboard only a lot worse! Usually after I have had a tooth pulled, I'm like ';that wasn't so bad';. It's not the pain that I'm afraid of..and it's entirely irrational. You won't feel any pain.


The best thing I can think to do (because I am in the same boat right now, I have to have a tooth pulled this Friday, but probably won't have the money to do it and I have a HORRIBLE toothache right now!!!) is to try not to think about it, and keep very busy until the last minute. Laughing gas helps, but when I've had it, it made me dizzy and a little freaked out. If you have a nice dentist, you could let him know how afraid you are and ask him to write you a script for one benzodiazepam (valium, klonapin, diazepam, or xanax) to take before the appointment.Nervous about getting a tooth pulled, any advice?
Hi, I had to get four teeth pulled before I get my braces. There is nothing to worry about. They give you a shot of Novocaine and it numbs your mouth and you can't feel anything except a little bit of tugging. You can ask your dentist if there is anything you can take to comfort you when they pull out the tooth. I was nervous also until I felt it wasn't so bad after all. I was stressing over nothing. Don't sweat it. Just ask if they have anything you can take to comfort you. Hope this helped (: .:Jazzy:.
Talk to them about getting gas, or sometimes they can give you something to help you relax such as volume Im not big on medication but im a chicken when it comes to things like that as well and I had the gas when I got my wisdom teeth pulled it made it so easy and relaxed me and I didn't freak out.
lol it will be fine


they gas you and you cant feel anything


your pretty much laughing through the whole thing
  • makeup ideas
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment